Updated as of November 24, 2009
With the changing rules from the FTC to crack down on fake blogs (flogs or splogs), and to practice full candor and marketing with integrity, I am attempting to stay above board with my blog by offering all a fully disclosed policy on what goes into my blog and why.
- I review many products on my blog, talk about products I know of that my friends made and even recommend products I have not tried personally. Sometimes these products were given to me to review, other times I have simply asked for a free product to review so in the end… I would get a free product! I also buy products, try them out and review them. If I buy a sucky product, I return it for a refund. I make it a policy from now on, to disclose if I have bought the product or if the product was given to me freely as a review to get compensation from this relationship.
- I will get paid a commission if you buy products through my affiliate links. I do this to make money, by sharing good info with my readers that I find will help them and benefit their businesses. For the most part, almost all my recommendations have been home runs. But on rare occasions (No one bats .999%), I have thrown out some stinkers that fooled me and were not good products and in the end, people lost money or got bad “tastes” in their mouths “using” these stinker products. If I “let a stinker go” in advance of this disclosure, I am asking for forgiveness in advance! 🙂 I do my best to make sure what I recommend is solid and good marketing tools and products.
- I also link to other sites, pages and programs that I am NOT compensated for. I do this because I like to link to places that provide great content and information. I often link to Wikipedia sites as well.
- Occasionally, I’ll have guest bloggers post on my blog, and their opinions do not represent what my opinions are and I am not responsible for those opinions, nor will I edit or police them. If they are posting on my blog, it’s with my blessing and endorsement.
- When I disclose a testimonial, from my own products or the products of others, please realize most of them are super extraordinary testimonials. Almost ALL people who buy products will NEVER make money with them. There are a lot of reasons for this actually, some being… human beings fail too much, human beings are lazy, human being are not technical in nature, human beings have not learned how to operate their computers, human beings still do not know how to change the clocks on their VHS players or DVD systems, human beings are dreamers who cling more to hope than to action and results… you get the idea. The average person who buys ANY product will never open the shrink wrap, open the case, and insert a DVD into a player or watch the program via digital download or read the special ebook/report… EVER. Honestly… I probably could sell boxes with blank CD’s in them… and only get a couple returns. That being said… I still believe in the human race and their applied potential for greatness. I am not negative on what humans can accomplish, cause I see that people can also be GREAT in EVERY WAY. Why? I’ve seen people crank out stuff and hit home runs, with no prior experience before. Understand, this… testimonials of success are RARE indeed. The question to ask yourself is… “What will I do to be one of the successful ones who has a positive outcome, instead of ending up in the higher category of failures?” Remember, everyone will have a different experience with the products I sell or recommend. Few people make money. While MOST people never will. Typical results are exceedingly difficult to predict or measure, as all markets, businesses, motives, and results are unique. Yours will be no exception.
- I am not a mystic or practice fortune telling. Therefore, I cannot predict your chances for success if you buy my products or the products from others that I recommend. Pay your money – take your chances. Success is in YOUR hands. Be an implementer. It’s what got me to where I am today.
- I am a Christian. As a Christian, I recognize I need a savior daily because I blow it ALL the time. I need Jesus to help me DAILY. I am covered in his grace and that’s so cool. There is nothing I can do for God to make him love me more than he already does and always will. He’s crazy about me. It’s why he made me. But as I said, I still suck at being a good “image” of God. Many days, people could look at me and say… “Geesh… and I thought he was supposed to be a Christian! And he calls himself the Minister of Marketing too!” and get all mad and postal on me. I am not perfect. I don’t evangelize and go hardcore preaching Jesus on my blogs and in my marketing, it’s not my style, maybe it is for you and that’s cool if it is, but sometimes, the preacher in me will come out and I’ll share my own experiences of faith on my personal blog and they are my own personal experiences. Some people don’t like that I bring up my faith. They think I use Jesus to sell stuff. I probably do that at times. But, the bottom line is… it’s who I am. Your faith experiences will vary and though I change daily better or worse, God doesn’t. I think I should read the Bible a lot more and do what it says. What about you?
- Working too hard with your internet business is not safe for your health or marriage. Sitting in front of a computer all day, typing, watching videos or doing who knows what can cause blindness, hairy palms, carpel tunnel syndrome, back and spine pain or injury and even…death. Marriages have been killed over time spent on the internet versus time spent with spouse and family. World of Warcraft should be called “Marriage Killer”. Let it be known, the internet is not to be a substitute for real social relationships with family and friends. It can certainly help foster them and create them, but it’s not to be taken as living in a “second life world”. Social Media is Pseudo Social, as it appears real, but mostly it is not. Be a giver, not a taker. Nothing replaces seeing a person in ‘person’ belly to belly, giving hugs, handshakes, high-fives, slaps on the back (or if you play a sport… on the butt). Guard your time and don’t neglect your family. I say this to preach to myself, from my own failures (Hey, I told you this would be some full disclosures eh? Maybe you did not think I’d go this deep did ya?)
- Running ANY kinds of entrepreneurial business, whether online or offline is extremely risky. Some say 85% to 95% fail. I dunno the actual numbers, but it’s too many. Know ALL the risks before you buy anything.
- I don’t pay or compensate people for giving me testimonials. But I do give “link love” on occasions.
- Some endorsements are sent from paying clients who have initially hired me for my consulting services, and may not necessarily or directly reflect the specific products showcased on this blog. Some have become friends or partners in various ventures.
- I post my phone #: 651-769-2189 and my mailing address ALL OVER THE WEB, cause I want people to call me to do business with me. I do not make it hard for people to contact me. My address is 7393 Isleton Ave S., Cottage Grove, MN 55016. Christmas comes 1 time a year, gifts are recommended, but not required. 😉
Some other things about me and my companies that I run online:
- My main company is Goldmills Marketing, LLC. It began in March of 2004. I also have a company called Superskills Marketing, LLC too, but I have not used it as much as I should probably.
- I have several products that I have created by myself, or used Virtual Assistants to create for me. My business revolves around teaching people internet marketing principals as seen through the eyes of a person ON their business not IN their business. Therefore, I teach a lot about outsourcing and about using virtual assistants with my Free Outsourcing CD, Outsource Workshops, Midwest Super Conferences, Boost Seminars, and Local Minnesota Marketing Mastermind group.
- My wife is a hottie and loves me unconditionally.
- My daughter is super cool and a hottie too… she’ll never get married to any slackers out there.
- In the summer, I work outside on my pool deck and swim, but I burn easily and I never get a good tan, and I’m ok with that.
- I need to lose about 40 pounds… yuck!
- My wife owns Asharpmusicstudios.com and I had the website build for her with my search engine optimization and search engine marketing company called www.trafficmills.com which is a twin cities seo company.
- I believe in many different sales models from Direct Sales, Multi-Level Marketing and problem solution offers.
- The internet is only a medium of selling, relating and getting information. Most of it is trivial and wastes time and that’s why so many use it I guess.
- I buy my domain names with Godaddy.com and I host my websites on AN Hosting and Media Temple.
- You’ll see ad banners on my websites from products I like, tried and believe in. Some of these products were given to me free of charge so I would review them. If I liked them, I put them up here, cause I know you’ll love them too.
Well, how’s that for full disclosure? I put some funny stuff in there, just to break up reading an enclyclopedia, as we all hate reading through long terms and conditions when we buy stuff, so at least I make it interesting, and nnow you can say… “Now I know!”
This page will constantly be updated over time until I tire of it.