Affiliate Marketing Secrets
If you want to get started quickly and easily making money online, then affiliate marketing is for you. This is when you send visitors to someone else’s product sales page, they do everything else! (make the product, design the sale page, handle the billing and support, etc.), and you get a percentage of the sale price as your commission (usually 50% or more for digital products).
These are a some of the benefits
- You can start almost instantly with no up-front costs and no need to create a product, write the sales page, develop the website, develop marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- You have practically zero time investment because the product owner does all the hard work of support, maintenance and billing.
- There’s no risk for you, because the product owner has already done all the research , development and testing. So you know that your traffic will result in sales.
Obviously affiliate marketing makes sense – these benefits make it a clear winner!
There is one major drawback…
Once you send your visitors to the product sales page, they are gone forever. Unfortunately, the majority of those visitors (at least 90%) will not buy on their first visit. The 10% or less that make a purchase now belong to the product owner. She can sell them additional products, but you can never sell to them again.
How can you avoid this pitfall?
It’s simple: You must get your visitors’ email addresses before you send them to the product owner’s website. If you do that, you can contact them again and send them back the product website multiple times. This will increase the number of sales you make. And if you want to do it like a pro, you’ll give them some great content before sending them to the sales page.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- By building your own list, you’re creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- By providing great content without a sales pitch, you put them in a buying mood. So when you do send them to the product website, they’re much more likely to buy.
Here’s what you’ll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A squeeze page, and even better a Video squeeze page.
- At least a few pages of great content
- At least a 5-Part Email Followup Series
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. After subscribing them to your email list, it redirects them to your content mini-site.
You content mini-site builds the good will, so that when you send them to the product sales page, they are in a buying mood. And at the same time, the email series begins following up with them to get them back to the sales page, in case they don’t buy on the first visit.
There’s no doubt that it’s worth the effort to put a system like this in place, because doing so will increase your profits by 500% or more. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
Setting it all up yourself requires some skill, and if you’re not up to it, you can use a service like Affiliate Silver Bullet. These kinds of services will build the whole system for you and then just give you a video squeeze page (with video), pre-written emails, content pages, etc. The major benefit of using a service like this is that you can get started right away, and for a whole lot less than it would cost to do it all yourself. The drawback is that you won’t be the only one using these affiliate tools. But the internet is huge, so this shouldn’t really affect you.
The other route you can take is to hire people on Elance to create and implement the various aspects for you. Either way, it’s an important step that you need to take if you’re going to be serious about your affiliate marketing.